Senior Back End Developer
About this role
This role will see you being part of an awesome tech team where you have autonomy and ownership for what you do. We believe in empowering our teams to do what they do best.
You will work with a small cross functional team developing a new service offering that we are launching into the market. This product has components that are low level processing of network data written in C and also data analytics and visualizations written in python and Vue.js.
You will be responsible for translating business requirements into code with the assistance of senior team members. Give input on architectural decisions and design choices. Work independently to deliver code with minimal management, knowing when to ask for help and when to push ahead to resolve it.
This role will mostly be focused on the data analytics and visualization backend Python and Golang services.
Although our primary development language on the backend is Python and Golang, we will consider experienced software engineers who want to cross-train to Python, provided you have significant experience of web frameworks. We prefer to grow full stack developers, so there is space to grow into other areas of the code base.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- 3 or more years’ experience as a back-end developer, preferably using Python and related technologies.
- Technical knowledge to review, confirm and validate code.
- Well-grounded in the use of MVC frameworks like Django.
- Solid experience with Django REST Framework and (or) Flask.
- You understand REST.
- A good understanding of Linux server management will be a significant advantage.
- You are familiar with Postgres and have used it professionally.
- Thorough understanding of the GIT workflow processes, Git Management, ability to handle GitLab, GitHub and work with branches.
- You are familiar with Docker and have used it professionally.
- Familiar with message streaming solutions such as Kafka
- We are primarily looking for a backend developer – but it would be a significant advantage if you are familiar with Vue.js or other front-end frameworks and can take part in more aspects of the product development.
- You write tests before you start coding.
- Experience in time series analytics will be very beneficial.
- You have some familiarity with microservices.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Team player, part of the collective.
- Openness to acquiring new knowledge.
- Participation in the daily standup meeting
- Work together with front-end developers who implement the API’s you create.
- You will work on tasks ranging from critical hotfixes to epics spanning weeks of development.
What we offer
You will be a part of a flexible high-skilled international team. Collaborating on the development of state-of-the-art solutions that cater to the evolving needs of telco industry players. We provide the challenge; you bring your coding passion. The project this team is working on is still new so there is lots of opportunity to help decide the direction of technology choices and many opportunities for growth.